Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
New Jersey Marine Terminal - Port Jersey
Overcurrent Protection and Second Feeder Restoration East Substation
Lizardos provided Stage III and IV engineering services based on the Stage I Report: Design of Over-Current Protection and Second Feeder Restoration at East Substation Port Jersey South Marine Terminals. Lizardos prepared 50% and 100% electrical drawings based on PANYNJ backgrounds.
The Stage III design includes:
- Removed two existing abandoned 5MVA, oil filled transformers and associated primary and secondary feeders.
- Removed five 38kV oil-filled circuit breakers and associated feeders.
- Removed and re-installed of one 5MVA 26.4-4.16/2.4kV oil filled outdoor transformer and installed new associated primary and secondary feeders in existing ductbank.
- Installed one new 5MVA 26.4-4.16/2.4KV oil filled outdoor transformer and associated primary and secondary feeders in existing ductbank.
- Installed new 38KV vacuum circuit breakers for primary protection for each of the two transformers.
All of the new equipment was installed 30 inches above 100 year base flood elevation (BFE) per Port Authority guidelines.