COMMERCIAL / CORPORATE
New York City, NY
Initial MEP Infrastructure Assessment and Final Design for 77 Bleecker Street
Lizardos conducted an initial MEP infrastructure assessment of the building to:
- Review current operational problems in the building (including the condenser water system) to determine cause and remedy for each problem.
- Review MEP building systems to identify systems and equipment approaching the end of expected service life, and to make recommendations for replacement before unexpected failure threatens normal building operation.
- For each recommendation describe required action, associated capital cost, impact on building operation during implementation, and associated benefits.
- Also describe any risk associated with not implementing each recommendation.
- Prioritize recommendations by urgency, and prepare a phased implementation plan to construct the recommendations.
Based upon findings of the initial assessment, Lizardos then prepared contract drawings and specifications for a design to provide vertical risers, horizontal loops, heat exchangers, pumps, water treatment, controls and power designs for a secondary water loop servicing the water source heat pumps units. The design also included the replacement of a rooftop cooling tower.
click images for larger view